Guest Amanda, INDIA in Chat Room
Iam applying to Western Michigan University for fall 2011.My TOEFL is 74 below the requirement for masters. Will I get admission? Please advice.
Two things can happen
1) Admission committee can provide you with conditional admission and ask you to take Intensive English language courses.
Advantage: You get an I-20.
Disadvantages: You have to take additional course work, total tuition expenses will go up
Tips: You can always re-take and submit the score again before registering for class. In this case English language courses will be waived.
2) Admission committee can provide you with unconditional admission if you have a strong Statement of Purpose, Recommendation letters and if you have good verbal GRE.
Chances are 70/30 – conditional/unconditional.30% unconditional depends on your academics, GRE – Verbal, strong language in SOP and Recommendation letters and your paper presentations.
- TOEFL or IELTS Which one should I take | better for US universities
- Date an American to improve TOEFL Score ? Expert findings…Video
- Everybody loves Raymond helped me to score 30/30 in Listening – TOEFL
- 11 Killer Steps to get 30/30 in TOEFL Speaking section