These are basic questions for F1 visa interview.Try to funnel each questions for your background and come up with answers.Also make sure you have documents to backup your answers.
Country & Degree
- Why are you going to US?
- Why do you plan to do BS/MS/PHD?
- This subjects are taught in this country why specifically US?
- What other universities did you apply for?
- Why did you select this university over other universities?
- What other universities accepted you?
- Tell me about the university you are going?
- Where did you hear about this university?
- Where is this university located?
- Why did you apply to these universities?
- Mention some professor’s names?
- Did you get in touch with any professors from this university?
- What courses are you planning to take during your studies?
- Are you planning to work off campus while studying?
- How long will you study in USA?
- Do you plan to study Ph D after MS? Or MS after BS?
- Do you know anybody at this university?
- What courses are you planning to take?
- What specialization are you planning to do?
- What is your academic background?
- Where did you complete your high school / bachelors/masters?
- What is your Percentage?
- Did you have any backlogs?
- When did you graduate?
- Did you apply for scholarships?
- Did you have any?
- What is the reason you think you did not get scholarships?
- What’s your GRE/GMAT score?
- What’s your TOEFL/IELTS score?
- When did you take these tests?
- Why are your GRE/ TOEFL scores low?
- Who is sponsoring you?
- What does your father do?
- How long he is been in this profession?
- What is your father’s income?
- What is your university yearly expense?
- How much is your tuition?
- Have you got any loans?
- Can I see your Pass Book/ Bank Statement?
- How will you finance your second year education?
- How did your father accumulated so much of money?
- Your passbook shows that a large amount of money has recently been deposited? How do you explain that?
- Can I see your sponsor’s tax documents?
- Is it worth to spend this huge amount of money on your education in US?
- Do you have any credit cards?
- Do you have siblings?
- What does he/she do?
- Did they get married?
- Do you have any relatives in USA?
- What is your mother doing?
- Where did your brother/sister complete their studies?
- Where do your parents live?
- Do you know anybody who studied at this university?
- Are you planning to work after graduation?
- How a US degree will help you to find a job here?
- What do you expect after returning back?
- Where do you want to see yourself 5 years from now?
- Are you currently working?
- Which company are you currently working
- Why are you leaving you current job?
- Can I see your experience certificate?
- Are you going on leave? or did you resign your job?
- What is your Income per annum?
- Will you come home during summer?
- Have you ever been to US?
- Did you book your tickets?
- Did you arrange for housing?
- Where do you plan to live on campus (or) off campus?
- How much is your living expenses per year?
- Are any dependents accompanying you?
- Can I see marriage certificate?
- Can I see your marriage pictures
- Where did you first met your wife?
- Is he/ she planning to work in US?
- You look like a potential immigrant or I don’t think you will come back?
- What do you know about US education?
- Why did you apply for Fall/Spring only?
- Tell me how you can prove that you are going to come back?
- What will you do after coming back?
- What will you do if your visa is rejected?
- Why did you change your field from Electrical Engg to Computer science
- What are your hobbies?
- Tell me good things you know about US?
- Tell me a joke?
- Tell me about your final semester project?
- Give me 3 reasons for me to give you a visa?
- You seem to be well prepared?
If you came across anyother questions,please add questions in this post.